Golden Years team members dressed in blue for the CROFT Value of Fairness during CROFT Values Week. The CROFT Values we live out each day are: Creativity, Respect, Openness, Fairness and Teamwork.
We need your hugs! You’ll find more than a job at Golden Years Homestead, an affiliate of Greencroft Communities. It’s a place where connections are forged between our residents and amazing team members. Work here, for the best of your life!
Golden Years has been part of the New Haven and Ft. Wayne community for over 40 years. Our reputation is based on Christian values and service to those who live on campus. Consider a career with us! We can’t wait to meet you!
Offering the best perks!
- ReadyPay Today (Daily Pay Program)
- Smart Small Dollar Loans
- Discounted Ticket Program
Cook | Part Time (Days)Apply Now
Are you looking for a rewarding career making a difference in the lives of others?
Golden Years is a premier long term care facility where we take pride in the small, home-like communities that make it feel like home. We need a full time cook to make nutritious meals that add joy to the lives of our residents.
Cooks safely prepare meals for about 100 residents of various type of prescribed diets and textures, according to state and federal guidelines.
- 4:30a – 1:30p
- Four days during the week, plus every other weekend (80 hours per biweekly pay period)
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Dietary Cook (congregate living settings): 1 year
- Pay range from $14-17/hour based on experience
- Daily Pay Option
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO for vacations, sick, and holidays
- Life insurance
Contact Eva Rundel, Hiring Manager at 260-749-9655 for more information
Dietary/Culinary/Food Services Aide | Part Time (Evenings)Apply Now
Dietary/Culinary/Food Services Aide
Culinary Services Aide is responsible to provide assistance in all culinary functions as directed or instructed and in accordance with federal and state regulations and standards and the policies and procedures of Golden Years Homestead (GYH) Campus.
- Assist in serving meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance, and on a timely basis.
- Complete kitchen and dining room cleaning assignments according to the cleaning schedule or as directed.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc. as directed.
- Experience in skilled care or residential services for the elderly desirable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent desirable but not required.
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO program
- Hourly wage range of $12.42 - $15.87/hour, based on experience.
For more information, please contact Eva, hiring manager, at 260-749-9655 *114.
LPN/RN Assisted Living | Full Time (Days)Apply Now
LPN/RN Assisted Living
Golden Years Homestead is a Christian-based facility looking for nurses (LPN or RN). The nurse is responsible for providing direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants of the Golden Years Homestead (GYH) campus. Such supervision must be in accordance with federal and state regulations and standards and the policies and procedures of GYH and as required by the Director of Nursing Services, Assistant Director, or Community Nurse Leader.
We prefer 12-hour shifts (7a-7p, or 7p-7a), but we do have some 8-hour shifts available as well.
Competitive wages with shift and weekend differentials.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Provide support to Resident Care Specialist/CNAs with resident care and charting.
- Currently licensed as LPN or RN in the state of Indiana.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally and 60 pounds frequently.
- Experience in geriatrics preferred.
If you are looking for wonderful, team oriented facility with great staff to resident ratios, apply online or call 260-748-6422 to schedule an interview with Shona Kirkpatrick, ADON. Golden Years Homestead is located at 3136 Goeglein Road, Fort Wayne IN 46815.
Housekeeper | Full Time (Days)Apply Now
Housekeepers will be responsible to perform the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping and laundry departments of the assisted living residents, as well as independent homes of our independent living residents. You must be able to travel between homes on our 20-acre campus, but everything is just a minute or two from the main building.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned
- Assure that work/cleaning schedules are followed
- Discard waste/trash in proper containers
- Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- Must be able to travel between independent level homes on campus via personal vehicle
- Experience in skilled care or residential services for the elderly
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner
- Professional image to enhance positive public relations
- Ability to use standard equipment used for housekeeping/laundry services
- Day shift, generally 7:30a - 4:00p (some flexibility with start time)
- Must work every other weekend and holidays
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO program
- Additional Benefits available
Contact Phil, Housekeeping Supervisor, with questions, (260) 748-6453.
Maintenance Lead I | Full Time (Days)Apply Now
Maintenance Lead I
You love to build and repair stuff. People come to you to get stuff done because you come up with creative solutions and you are skilled in fixing things to restore order and function. Come work for people who depend on your creativity and skill to keep their homes comfortable and safe: the residents at Golden Years Homestead.
To maintain the grounds, facility, equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor, to assure that a successful maintenance program is maintained at all times.
- Receive and follow maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor.
- Responsible for grounds upkeep which shall included but not be limited to removal of debris from streets, sidewalks and lawns.
- Assist in removing snow from all walks and driveways around apartments, Villas and buildings of Golden Years
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment including plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
Skills and Requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Knowledgeable of hand and power tools and equipment used in grounds keeping.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, lawn equipment, telephone, cell phone, radio, computer, and other communication devices.
Hours Per Week:
- 40 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, days; rotating on call once/month
- Medical, dental, and vision available at 90 days
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan (company matching)
- Biweekly pay with daily pay option
Apply online (WorkAtGoldenYears.org) or in person at:
Golden Years Homestead
3136 Goeglein Road
Fort Wayne IN 46815
Contact Brandon Wiseman, Director of Maintenance, at 260-749-9655 for more information.
What's in it for you?
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Employee Paid Critical Illness
- Life Insurance with Voluntary Options
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Child Care)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Contribution
- Meal Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Bi-weekly Payroll/Direct Deposit
- Sign on Bonus
- CNA Certification (Training Provided by Greencroft)
- Leadership Development
- Ongoing Education/Certification
- Career Progression
- Education Assistance Program
“I’ve worked here for 3 years and this is a great place to work with great opportunities!”
“I've worked here 13 years and this is the best facility I've ever worked in. I've worked in several. This is the best!”
Tracy Certified Nursing Assistant
“My smile is so big because I love my job! Love the teamwork, positive atmosphere, and you feel respected and valued as an employee. I've never felt that before. This is the most positive environment I've ever experienced!”
Shelly LPN Community Nurse Leader
“I love working at Golden Years because it’s family oriented and everyone here works as a team and gets along! The residents are what make you want to come in every day. They are why you are here. It’s your home away from home!”
CROFT Values Week
Employee Benevolence Fund
Gina Martin believes in paying it forward. She received help when she needed it, and now she helps others whenever she can. Gina began working for Greencroft Goshen five years ago. During her tenure, she experienced some personal problems of her own, including financial hardships. Her manager helped her apply for a gift from the Employee Benevolence Fund. Each campus has its own fund, managed by the Greencroft Communities Foundation, and the process to apply is straightforward. To be eligible, an employee must have worked at their campus at least one year. They must be in good standing with no disciplinary actions or excessive absences. “I was so grateful,” Gina said. “It helped me climb out of a hole.”
Team Members Wheelchair Race
Who says work can't be fun? Check out the wheelchair races we had during "Golden Week." Even our VP, Steve, participated (but Dot left him in the dust)! We are so thankful for all of our employees and residents and all of the fun we have together!
Start your career as a Certified Nursing Assistant with us! You can look forward to enriching the lives of others by virtue of your compassion and responsiveness to help those with medical needs. A CNA is a vital asset to our caring Golden Years community.
As CNA, you would provide high quality daily care to our residents. This includes bathing, dressing, feeding, taking and recording vital signs, as well as helping residents with activities of daily living. Our team members become like family to our residents and vice versa!